Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I Hate The News

Seriously. Did anyone read his comment on my last post? He needs to stick to acoustic covers of Ignition. I swear he's going to drive me back to fascism.

And, I hate the real news, mainly because celebrities I do not care about keep passing away. Farah Fawcett, at least she was kinda old, and had had cancer. I found it difficult to care. Then Michael Jackson died. And I was thrilled. Puzzled? Consider the following:

I was born in 1987.

Michael Jackson, after 1987, was pretty much straight up weird. His skin changed color or something, he did the Super Bowl, and then he apparently may or may not have molested children at a "ranch" that was oh-so-creepily called "Neverland". Even I feel like a bad person thinking about it. So, I'm not heart broken, in fact nearly relieved, that MJ has passed away.

But then, the crushing news that Billy Mays had passed. I was heartbroken. Finally, a celebrity passes who I actually understand WHY they're a cultural icon.

What I've learned from all this is that, given enough time, we all will die eventually. I just hope mine is reported on CNN for whatever reason. Wish me luck!! Maybe I'll finally get a TV show....

2 comments:

  1. Live long and prosper Nate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At last, I have been villianized in Stickney’s blog.

    ReplyDelete