Monday, April 13, 2009

I Just Gave a Few People Herpes

Before we get into the post, a quick house-keeping issue. First, I cleaned our bathroom this weekend. Spic-n-span. It's refreshing to clean the bathroom and then shower in a super clean bathroom, then put on clothes that are fresh from the dryer. Second, I ironed my shirts tonight. Dear Lord, I need to get married. Thirdly, and most relevant, while the title of this blog is, in fact, "The Daily Stick" (thanks, Jon) it will not, in fact, be "daily" in the sense of every single day. The News pointed out, in the only comment so far on this site (losers), that I would slip with updating every day. So this is officially The (Week) Daily Stick. So, prepare yourselves 5 out of 7 days of the week, specifically the ones that do not include "S" in the first three letters.

Now, on to more pertinent information. My intention for this blog is to bring brilliance to the masses, or find a way to get a television show. Because of the fact I think I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread met Kraft American Singles. So, for some reason, I write as close to "stream of consciousness" as I can (without going over, of course). Seriously, how is Drew Carey doing this now. Didn't he make enough money off of that crappy show about Cleveland that he could not work again?

So, the herpes analogy worked until my mother joined this blog just after my friend Jon Burkhart joined. It really, really, really creeped me out that he may have shared this blog with my mother in a manner that one obtains herpes. I just can't even bare to think about it. Usually those types of thoughts are reserved for ME and Jon's mom--not vice-versa. The reason for this is that it angers Jon--continues to do so, several years after the fact. He knows it's only half-real, but it still fries his eggs that it happens. That may be too delicious of an analogy. It still chaps his ass. Ahh, much better.

I watched the movie "Man on Wire" tonight, and it's pretty intense. I can barely walk on the sidewalk, and this dude walked on a wire between the two WTC towers. Interesting movie. Highly recommended, unless you're absolutely terrified of heights.

Until Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment