Friday, April 10, 2009

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

After reading my last post, a friend told me she "laughed out loud" (my sources tell me that is LOL on the interwebs--crazy kids) at the fact I said "poop hit the fan". I just wanted to clarify, though, for any people who might take things to seriously, that in no way, shape, or form did any poop hit a fan in my life, at least not yesterday (currently I can neither confirm nor deny poop in relation to fans at other points). Poop, in a similar method to sex, sells, so it shall remain somewhat of a fixture on my blog. Take that as you wish.

I had a conversation a long time ago that this video reminded me of. The question, which was debated for several drunken hours with no resolution reached, was "Was the intended audience of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air families (of which there are more white people--no racism meant, there's just more white people, thus more families) or black people?" I stand on the side of families. I will let my loyal readers (yes, two people follow now) duke it out in the comments as to what the audience is. Know this though: why have your intended audience only be ten percent of the population? I'm confident that with hard work and perseverance we can settle this debate and declare once and for all who truly are the intended recipients of this television masterpiece.

I also wanted to touch on a point of my last post--the wildfire thing. I'm going to quit with that analogy, because this evening I went to CNN's website and this was the headlining story. So, please stop spreading this blog like wildfire, because I do not want this blog to cause anyone to burn to death or lose their house. I think a more apt analogy is to spread it like herpes, and I'm happy to run down reasons why I chose herpes. Herpes, clearly, is a communicable disease. This blog is communicable. You share herpes most often with someone with whom you are intimate. I hope you'll share this blog with someone with whom you are intimate. Herpes does not burn down houses. This blog doesn't burn down houses. On occasion, herpes occurs on the face or other parts of the body (see: chickenpox). I hope that this blog is in some way visible on the face or body, either through smiles or tatoos of myself on your back. I hope I've cleared this up, and you all begin spreading the word about this blog like herpes.

No comments:

Post a Comment